We are proud to showcase our business, contractor and construction credentials and awards. In addition to providing homeowners with various product warranties, we guarantee all of our workmanship for a full 10 years.
Accredited Member of the Better Business Bureau
We have been an accredited member of the Better Business Bureau for over 20 years. Based on eight principles of trust, Care Free Homes has maintained an “A” rating and is proud to abide by the BBB Code of Business Practices. The eight principles are listed below:
1. Build Trust: Establish and maintain a positive track record in the marketplace.
2. Advertise Honestly: Adhere to established standards of advertising and selling.
3. Tell the Truth: Honestly represent products and services, including clear and adequate disclosures of all material terms.
4. Be Transparent: Openly identify the nature, location, and ownership of the business, and clearly disclose all policies, guarantees and procedures that bear on a customer’s decision to buy.
5. Honor Promises: Abide by all written agreements and verbal representations.
6. Be Responsive: Address marketplace disputes quickly, professionally, and in good faith.
7. Safeguard Privacy: Protect any data collected against mishandling and fraud, collect personal information only as needed, and respect the preferences of customers regarding the use of their information.
8. Embody Integrity: Approach all business dealings, marketplace transactions and commitments with integrity.
Certified Installer of the Vinyl Siding Institute
To become certified by the Vinyl Siding Institute, installers must demonstrate a complete mastery of vinyl siding products and application based on the industry standard, ASTM D4756. You can be confident that a Certified Installer knows how to:
• Correctly fasten the siding to allow for vinyl’s normal expansion and contraction properties and keep it straight and secure on the wall.
• Properly prepare the area around doors, windows, and other openings to prevent water infiltration.
• Pay attention to the details that will give your home a beautiful appearance that will last over time.
A VSI Certified Installer must:
- Have a minimum of one year of experience installing vinyl siding and accessories.
- Attend the Vinyl Siding Institutes rigorous course.
- Pass the VSI Certified Installer exam
- Have three years of experience installing vinyl siding and accessories
- Pass the Vinyl Siding Institutes Certified Installer exam.
To ensure they remain current with the latest application techniques, all VSI Certified Installers must apply for recertification every three years.
Harvey Elite Dealer
Harvey Elite Series windows are only offered through carefully selected dealers. Our 37 years of quality workmanship and dedicated customer service have defined us as one of the area’s leading window replacement and home improvement companies.
James Hardie Preferred Remodeler
James Hardie Preferred Remodelers Adhere to the Following:
- Compliance with Installation Best Practices
- Regular & Random Installation Audits by James Hardie
- Professional Sales Approach
- Satisfactory record with the BBB or other Accredited Agency
- Satisfactory credit report
- State Licensed*
- Fully Bonded*
- Liability insurance $1,000,000 per occurrence
- Workman’s compensation Insurance*
- Satisfactory background check with at least 10 past clients
ShingleMaster™ (SM) – Contractors who are focused on superior workmanship and customer satisfaction earn the SM credential by employing a Master Shingle Applicator qualified workforce or participating in an SM Credential Course. An SM can offer you SureStart PLUS extended warranty coverage when an Integrity Roof System is installed on your home.To become a SELECT ShingleMaster, your company must:
- Have been in business for at least 5 years, or have been a ShingleMaster™ for 1 year
- Ensure 50% of your shingle installation crew, plus all job supervisors, are MSA-qualified (not more than a combined total of 50 MSAs are required)
- Employ a current Shingle Quality Specialist™
- Company owner passes the Business Fiscal Responsibility™ exam
- Hold current worker’s compensation insurance, as required by law, and liability insurance covering roofing
GAF Master Elite Roofing Contractor
Elite contractors are committed to staying current with technologies, products and methods in a rapidly-changing industry. In addition to passing two Mastic training classes every 24 months, Mastic Elite Contractors must demonstrate the following to become and maintain their factory-certified as a GAF Master Elite™ contractor:
- Properly Licensed by their state (or province) to perform roofing work*
- Adequately Insured for your protection
- Have a Proven Reputation for providing quality roofing services throughout the community
- Committed to Ongoing Professional Training to ensure quality installation
Due to GAF’s stringent standards, only 3% of all roofing contractors have qualified as Master Elite™ contractors!
Choosing a GAF Master Elite™ contractor is your assurance that you’ll be dealing with a quality, reputable, and dependable professional contractor.
GAF Consumer Protection Excellence Award Winner
GAF, North America’s largest roofing manufacturer, recognized Care Free Homes, Inc. with the 2014 Consumer Protection Excellence Award!
In a letter of recognition, GAF wrote the following:
“Care Free Homes, Inc. has won the Consumer Protection Excellence Award for the year 2014. Care Free Homes, Inc. achieved this goal by installing at least one hundred Lifetime Roofing Systems with enhanced warranties. This commitment to Consumer Protection demonstrates that Care Free Homes, Inc. is truly focused on installing quality roofs.
Care Free Homes, Inc. is among the “Best of the Best.” Only the top 3% of all roofing contractors even qualify to become a Master Elite Contractor, and Care Free Homes, Inc. stands out in this very elite group.
We at GAF are very proud to have Care Free Homes, Inc. as a Master Elite Contractor, and we appreciate their commitment to their customers!”
Mastic Elite Contractor
Better Business Bureau (BBB) score of 75% +
Mastic checks the BBB score of all its Preferred and Elite Contractors and requires a score of 75% or higher to retain their Preferred Contractor status. A Mastic Elite Contractor has an even higher requirement and must maintain a score of 90% or higher.
Experience installing vinyl siding
Many contractors specialize in multiple types of projects. If you are considering vinyl siding for your home, be sure to choose an experienced and reputable vinyl siding installer. Mastic requires its Preferred Contractors to have at least three years of experience installing vinyl siding. Mastic Elite Contractors are held to an even higher standard and must have at least five years of experience installing vinyl siding and be certified by the Vinyl Siding Institute.
Use top of the line products
There are many grades of vinyl siding, therefore, your home improvement project will be as good as the products used and the workmanship of the installer. Mastic is a professional grade product that is durable, dependable, warranted and from an established well-known manufacturer.
Mastic Elite Contractors are licensed, insured and bonded
Mastic Elite contractors must be fully licensed and insured to protect homeowners and their property. Mastic regularly assesses that their Elite Contractors meet these qualifications.
Mastic Elite Contractors are committed to staying current with the industry
Products, technology and application methods are continuously evolving. To maintain their Elite status, Mastic Elite Contractors must pass two training classes every 24 months. This ensures that Elite Contractors are in sync with the most current products and practices.
Exclusive Dealer of Betterliving Sunrooms and Awnings For Cape Cod and South Boston
Care Free Homes was carefully selected by Betterliving to be the exclusive dealer of their sunroom and awning product line. Craft Bilt Manufacturing, the parent company of the Betterliving brand, scrutinizes every aspect of a business before granting exclusive dealer status. To represent the Betterliving brand, Craft Bilt ensures that:
- Dealers are an accredited member of the Better Business Bureau with a minimum “A” rating. They must exemplify trustworthy business practices.
- The company owners and sales representatives have exemplary character and integrity.
- The dealer demonstrates honest advertising and marketing practices.
- All sales representatives and installers are factory trained and certified.
Velux 3 Star skylight Installer
Best of Houzz- Service, Houzz Influencer, Recommended on Houzz
Care Free Homes is recommended on Houzz and is a Houzz Influencer! We were also awarded best of Houzz for Customer Satisfaction! This award is only given to 4% of Professionals on Houzz. Thank you to our loyal customers for their positive reviews that helped us get this award!