Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in /var/www/vhosts/carefreehomescompany.com/httpdocs/wp-content/plugins/wp-social-sharing/includes/class-public.php on line 81
Fiber Cement siding is a great alternative to vinyl and wood products. This siding is mixture of cement, wood fiber, sand and clay. Products such as Weatherboards® and James Hardie® offer superior warranties and benefits to make choosing your home’s siding easy. Here are 10 reasons to choose fiber cement for your home’s exterior.
- Durable – Fiber Cement siding has the durability of cement, yet it is lighter than wood & stone products.
- Fire Resistant – Fiber Cement is highly resistant to ignition with a class 1A fire rating on most brands.
- Insect resistant – Termites and carpenter ants aren’t interested in fiber cements because there isn’t enough wood in the product.
- Rot resistant – Does not absorb water so it does not expand and shrink in wet conditions.
- Low-maintenance – Paint lasts longer on fiber cement because it does not expand and shrink. Most manufacturers also offer pre-primed and painted boards.
- Impact-resistant – Most brands are designed to withstand high winds to reduce any property damage from hail and windblown debris.
- Environmentally friendly – fiber cement siding is composed of natural and sustainable raw materials that are not sourced from endangered environments.
- Made to mimic wood siding – you can get the look of natural wood siding with fiber cement. It is available in shakes, lap siding, vertical siding, half rounds, octagons and a plethora of colors!
- Warranty – Many manufacturers are offering a 50-year limited warranty & 15-year limited warranty on paint.
- Affordable – Fiber cement is less expensive than natural wood siding. You’ll also spend less on painting and maintenance over time.
Consider fiber cement siding for your home improvement project!
Call today for a free estimate.