Industry Certifications, Awards, and AffiliationsSince 1978, we've had an unwavering commitment to quality craftsmanship, professionalism, service, and our community. We're proud of our accomplishments and would be honored to earn your business.
GAF Master Elite Roofing Contractor
Elite contractors are committed to staying current with technologies, products and methods in a rapidly-changing industry. In addition to passing two Mastic training classes every 24 months, Mastic Elite Contractors must demonstrate the following to become and maintain their factory-certified as a GAF Master Elite™ contractor:
- Properly Licensed by their state (or province) to perform roofing work*
- Adequately Insured for your protection
- Have a Proven Reputation for providing quality roofing services throughout the community
- Committed to Ongoing Professional Training to ensure quality installation
Due to GAF’s stringent standards, only 3% of all roofing contractors have qualified as Master Elite™ contractors!
Choosing a GAF Master Elite™ contractor is your assurance that you’ll be dealing with a quality, reputable, and dependable professional contractor.
GAF Consumer Protection Excellence Award Winner
GAF, North America’s largest roofing manufacturer, recognized Care Free Homes, Inc. with the 2014, 2015 & 2016, 2018 Consumer Protection Excellence Award!
In a letter of recognition, GAF wrote the following:
“Care Free Homes, Inc. has won the Consumer Protection Excellence Award for 2014, 2015 & 2016. Care Free Homes, Inc. achieved this goal by installing at least one hundred Lifetime Roofing Systems with enhanced warranties. This commitment to Consumer Protection demonstrates that Care Free Homes, Inc. is truly focused on installing quality roofs.
Care Free Homes, Inc. is among the “Best of the Best.” Only the top 3% of all roofing contractors even qualify to become a Master Elite Contractor, and Care Free Homes, Inc. stands out in this very elite group.
We at GAF are very proud to have Care Free Homes, Inc. as a Master Elite Contractor, and we appreciate their commitment to their customers!”
ShingleMaster™ (SM) – Contractors who are focused on superior workmanship and customer satisfaction earn the SM credential by employing a Master Shingle Applicator qualified workforce or participating in an SM Credential Course. An SM can offer you SureStart PLUS extended warranty coverage when an Integrity Roof System is installed on your home. To become a ShingleMaster, your company must:
- Have been in business for at least 5 years
- Ensure 50% of your shingle installation crew, plus all job supervisors, are MSA-qualified (not more than a combined total of 50 MSAs are required)
- Employ a current Shingle Quality Specialist™
- Company owner passes the Business Fiscal Responsibility™ exam
- Hold current worker’s compensation insurance, as required by law, and liability insurance covering roofing
Harvey Elite Dealer
Harvey Elite Series windows are only offered through carefully selected dealers. Our 40 years of quality workmanship and dedicated customer service have defined us as one of the area’s leading window replacement and home improvement companies. Here’s what to expect from a Harvey Elite Dealer:
- One of a few designated dealers held to the highest standards of quality and service.
- Harvey Elite Dealers must be properly licensed and insured
- Lead mitigation (RRP) and InstallationMaster™ certified
- Dealers must annually install hundreds of Harvey windows
- Committed to ongoing Harvey product and installation training, including annual product seminars
Certified Andersen Contractor
We are honored to have the backing of one of the leading window and door manufacturers in the industry. Here is what to expect from an Andersen Certified Contractor:
- Contractors must demonstrate their commitment to quality, performance and reliability.
- All Certified Andersen Contractors are vetted and trained to have extensive window and door replacement knowledge.
- With a Certified Contractor, homeowners have access to Andersen’s 2-year limited installation warranty.
- Access to the full Andersen portfolio of products, including the best-selling 400 Series windows and patio doors.
Certified Installer of the Vinyl Siding Institute
To become certified by the Vinyl Siding Institute, installers must demonstrate a complete mastery of vinyl siding products and application based on the industry standard, ASTM D4756. You can be confident that a Certified Installer knows how to:
- Correctly fasten the siding to allow for vinyl’s normal expansion and contraction properties and keep it straight and secure on the wall.
- Properly prepare the area around doors, windows, and other openings to prevent water infiltration.
- Pay attention to the details that will give your home a beautiful appearance that will last over time.
A VSI Certified Installer must:
- Have a minimum of one year of experience installing vinyl siding and accessories.
- Attend the Vinyl Siding Institutes rigorous course.
- Pass the VSI Certified Installer exam
- Have three years of experience installing vinyl siding and accessories
- Pass the Vinyl Siding Institutes Certified Installer exam.
To ensure they remain current with the latest application techniques, all VSI Certified Installers must apply for recertification every three years.
CertainTeed 5 Star Siding Contractor
We are proud to offer CertainTeed siding products to our customers. To qualify as a CertainTeed 5-Star Contractor, a contractor must successfully complete the following elements:
- Master Craftsman coursework
- Continuing education coursework covering product installation, sustainable building and business best practice
- Provide proof of Workers Compensation (where required by law) and General Liability insurance
- Maintain a high rating with the Better Business Bureau
- Use CertainTeed’s high-quality products in the work they perform
Mastic Elite Contractor
Mastic Elite Contractors are held to the highest of standards. In order to achieve Mastic Elite Contractor status, they must demonstrate the following:
- Better Business Bureau (BBB) score of 75% +
- Mastic checks the BBB score of all its Preferred and Elite Contractors and requires a score of 75% or higher to retain their Preferred Contractor status. A Mastic Elite Contractor has an even higher requirement and must maintain a score of 90% or higher.
- Experience installing vinyl siding
- Many contractors specialize in multiple types of projects. If you are considering vinyl siding for your home, be sure to choose an experienced and reputable vinyl siding installer. Mastic requires its Preferred Contractors to have at least three years of experience installing vinyl siding. Mastic Elite Contractors are held to an even higher standard and must have at least five years of experience installing vinyl siding and be certified by the Vinyl Siding Institute.
- Use top of the line products
- There are many grades of vinyl siding, therefore, your home improvement project will be as good as the products used and the workmanship of the installer. Mastic is a professional grade product that is durable, dependable, warranted and from an established well-known manufacturer.
- Mastic Elite Contractors are licensed, insured and bonded
- Mastic Elite contractors must be fully licensed and insured to protect homeowners and their property. Mastic regularly assesses that their Elite Contractors meet these qualifications.
- Mastic Elite Contractors are committed to staying current with the industry
- Products, technology and application methods are continuously evolving. To maintain their Elite status, Mastic Elite Contractors must pass two training classes every 24 months. This ensures that Elite Contractors are in sync with the most current products and practices.
Best of Houzz Awards
Care Free Homes is recommended on Houzz and is a Houzz Influencer! We were also awarded best of Houzz for Customer Satisfaction and Design! This award is only given to 4% of Professionals on Houzz. Thank you to our customers and the Houzz community for their support!
Google Guaranteed Service Provider
It took months of background checks on our business and company owners for Google to approve our official “Google Guaranteed” roofing contractor status. Homeowners who connect with us via Google and install a GAF Lifetime Roofing System receive our factory-registered 50 year Non-Prorated Warranty and the financial backing of the world’s most powerful search engine: Google. Learn more here.
Accredited Member of the Better Business Bureau
Care Free Homes, Inc. has to exemplify the following Better Business Bureau qualities:
- Build Trust: Establish and maintain a positive track record in the marketplace.
- Advertise Honestly: Adhere to established standards of advertising and selling.
- Tell the Truth: Honestly represent products and services, including clear and adequate disclosures of all material terms.
- Be Transparent: Openly identify the nature, location, and ownership of the business, and clearly disclose all policies, guarantees and procedures that bear on a customer’s decision to buy.
- Honor Promises: Abide by all written agreements and verbal representations.
- Be Responsive: Address marketplace disputes quickly, professionally, and in good faith.
- Safeguard Privacy: Protect any data collected against mishandling and fraud, collect personal information only as needed, and respect the preferences of customers regarding the use of their information.
- Embody Integrity: Approach all business dealings, marketplace transactions and commitments with integrity.
Member of One SouthCoast Chamber of Commerce
Care Free Homes is an active and proud member of the SouthCoast Chamber of Commerce. This organization supports and represents businesses from Acushnet, Dartmouth, Fairhaven, Freetown, Marion, Mattapoisett, New Bedford, Rochester, Wareham, and Westport. They host several initiatives focused on economic development, education, legislative affairs, and trade shows that positively impact its members and the quality of life in the SouthCoast Massachusetts community.
Member of the Cape Cod Chamber of Commerce
Care Free Homes is a member of the Cape Cod Chamber of Commerce. This membership organization works to strengthen business and promote regional economic vitality while addressing cultural, environmental and community concerns. They are a catalyst for a vibrant economy and Cape Cod community.
Member of the Cape Cod Canal Chamber of Commerce
Care Free Homes is a member of the Cape Cod Canal Chamber of Commerce. They promote and represent businesses who work in and around the towns of Bourne, Sandwich, and Wareham. They educate, inform, and advocate on behalf of businesses and residents of the Cape Cod Canal community.
SCA’s Best of the South Coast Award
Nominated and voted by the readers of our favorite regional magazine, South Coast Almanac, we were honored to be a 2021 recipient of this award! Thank you to our customers and community neighbors for supporting our family business in this fun contest!
SouthCoast Best of the Best
Care Free Homes is among the SouthCoast Best of the Best for 2018, 2019, 2020, and 2021. Top vote-getters in dozens of categories were awarded the “Best of the Best” badge of honor by the SouthCoast Media Group in an online contest. Unlike other businesses, we’re proud to say we NEVER ask for nominations and votes NOR do we vote for ourselves in this contest!
LIVE UNITED & Community Champion Award Winner
Care Free Homes has a proud supporter of United Way of Greater New Bedford for over a decade. This outstanding organization works tirelessly to fight for the health, education, and financial stability of families in our community. We were honored to be their 2018 Live United Award Winner. Our marketing coordinator, Stephanie Pickup, was also the 2019 Community Champion award winner. They serve residents throughout SouthCoast Massachusetts with a focus on towns and cities such as Acushnet, Dartmouth, Fairhaven, Freetown, Marion, Mattapoisett, New Bedford, Rochester, and Wareham.