Prepare your home for harsh winter weather now with this fall home maintenance checklist and your home will be in great shape come spring!
- Check windows & doors for air leaks
- Check for adequate insulation in attic
- Inspect roof & skylights
- Clean gutters after all leaves have fallen
- Direct downspouts away from home’s foundation
- Drain outdoor sprinkler system
- Turn off outdoor water
- Prune plants
- Aerate, fertilize, and seed your lawn
- Inspect chimney or hire a chimney sweep
- Check carbon monoxide and smoke detectors
Although most of this fall home maintenance checklist can be completed by the average homeowner – be sure to hire a professional if you don’t feel comfortable. Visit our Helpful Homeowner Tips Pinterest board for more ideas and tricks!