Time to get outside and work on spring cleanup! Use our spring home maintenance checklist to get started.
Clean Home Exterior:
- Gutters – remove leaves, twigs & debris from gutters so rain can flow
- Siding – clean your home’s siding according to the manufacturer’s guidelines or hire a professional
- Decks & porches – scrub decks and porches and re-stain if necessary
- Patio – sweep patio and fill cracks
- Windows & screens – clean windows inside and out
- Rake leaves – rake leaves that fell after your fall cleanup
- Aerate lawn – aerate if your lawn gets lots of use
- Fertilize lawn – fertilize when the lawn turns green
- Prune shrubs & bushes
- Remove weeds – it’s easiest to remove weeds when they are small
- Mulch garden beds – mulch adds a protective barrier over your plants
- Clean sprinkler system – test and clean your sprinkler system or hire a professional to help
- Start lawnmower – make sure your lawnmower is in working order & have any necessary maintenance completed.
- Fences – check fences for structural integrity and paint if needed
- Seal driveway – sealing your driveway will protect it from the elements
- Organize garage & shed
- Outdoor lighting – test outdoor lighting and replace bulbs
- Patio furniture & grill – bring your patio furniture out of storage and clean it up
Follow us on Pinterest to get more helpful homeowner tips!