Today’s siding choices are designed to withstand the elements and to protect your home. If you notice any of the following signs you should consider replacing your siding as soon as possible.
- Fungus, mildew or mold indicates that water might be getting under the siding due to improper installation.
- Buckling or warping shingles can be a sign that the siding was not installed to allow for expansion and contraction due to fluctuating temperatures and humidity.
- Bubbles means there is either trapped water or extreme temperatures damaging the siding.
- Holes are usually a sign of insect damage, which can lead to water getting under the siding.
- Fading is an indication that the waterproof layer of the siding is no longer effective.
- Dry rot is a fungus that destroys wood. It will eventually become brittle and disintegrate.
- Peeling paint and loose wallpaper inside your home can sometimes be traced to water getting into the siding.
- High heating or cooling costs could be due to lack of exterior wall insulation.
- Outdated style or color of your siding
- High maintenance costs are another reason to replace your siding. For instance, vinyl siding pays for itself in just a few years!
Follow us on Pinterest to get more ideas for your home’s siding!